Today, TaMara from Implausibly Beautiful (and a fellow Texan!) is sharing a sandwich that is of her own creation. And, it sounds mouthwateringly delicious! We're so happy to have you here today, TaMara... take it away! :)Hey y'all! I'm TaMara from Implausibly Beautiful and I'm beyond excited to be guest posting at Huckleberry Love today. I have a confession to make. I'm a sandwich snob. I just can't eat a sandwich on wheat bread with meat and cheese. I crave chewy cibatta bread, imported prosciutto, heirloom tomatoes, and homemade mayo. But really, who can afford that? Who has time for that? Not me, so I usually just don't eat sandwiches. When we picked up some bollio rolls, fresh mozzarella, and rotisserie chicken from Sam's, I knew a toasted sandwich was in my future. Visions of bubbly, melty goodness danced in my head and that's how the Bruschetta Chicken Sandwich was born.
Bruschetta Chicken Sandwich w/ Balsamic Mayo
Recipe Type: Entree
Author:Prep Time: 10 mins
All the flavors of bruschetta in a delicious chicken sandwich!
- 8 oz of chicken
- 4 oz of mozzarella
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1/4 medium red onion, diced
- 4-6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 rolls or buns, any kind
- 2 lettuce leaves, any kind, optional
- Balsamic Mayo
- 1/4 c mayo
- 1.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- pinch garlic powder
- pinch sugar
- S&P, to taste
- Dice your tomatoes and onions. In a small bowl combine with the S&P and basil, and set aside.
- In another small bowl combine mayo, balsamic, garlic powder, and sugar; set aside.
- Split rolls and toast under broiler until golden brown. Smear bottom bun with balsamic mayo, top with chicken, tomato/onion mixture, and mozzarella, then place under the broiler until cheese is melty, bubbly, and slightly brown. Top with lettuce, smear top bun with more balsamic mayo, and place on top of sandwich.
I love this sandwich! It's full of flavor and comes together in minutes! I love when dinner comes together in minutes, but throws a party in your mouth!
I'm TaMara from Implausibly Beautiful and the big 'ol state of Texas! I started blogging because of my love of crafts, DIY, and cooking! I found myself saying "I can do that" so often, I decided to put my money where my mouth was and start doing! I'm married to Reiko, the sweetest of them all, and we have a fur baby kitty named Jellybean! I do work outside of the home, but blogging is definitely where my heart is!
Connect with TaMara here:
Okay, who's drooling? I cannot wait to make this bad boy for dinner next week! I know my husband will love it. If you thinks it looks as good as we do, be sure to pin it for later. And be sure to stop by Implausibly Beautiful and check out all of TaMara's other delicious recipes! Thanks again for sharing, TaMara! :)