Well, this is your lucky day! I have the answer for you. This recipe is delicious, quick and a sure crowd pleaser. I guarantee it! Because, who doesn't love chocolate AND cream cheese? Nobody, that's who. :)
* 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
* 1/2 cup butter (softened)
* 1/4 t vanilla extract
* 1 cup powdered sugar
* 2 T brown sugar
* 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
* 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
* honey and chocolate graham crackers
1. Pull out butter and cream cheese. Let soften on countertop for one hour.
2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually add in powdered and brown sugars; beat until combined. Do not overmix.
3. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
4. Take out of refrigerator. Place cream cheese on a large piece of plastic wrap. Shape into a ball and place back into refrigerator until ready to serve. (At least 1 hour)
5. Right before serving, roll cheese ball in pecans. Serve with graham crackers.
Inspired by Taste of Home
And there it is... simple and yummy! I am always asked for this recipe when I take this dessert cheese ball to holiday gatherings. Oh, and since my Mother told me to never tell a lie, I must confess that it tastes best with the chocolate graham crackers. ;)
Let us know if you make this recipe for an upcoming party... we'd love to know if your friends and family enjoy it, too! :)